The Human Rights Act guarantees a number of rights and freedoms and allows enforcement of those rights against public bodies. Police, hospitals, courts, local governments, and publicly funded schools, as well as other bodies carrying out public functions, have to comply with the Human Rights Act.
At Chris Alexander Solicitors we are dedicated to challenging discrimination, protecting the rights and freedoms of our clients and representing people who believe their human rights have been violated.
We can help with the following human rights cases :
- Right to life
- Right to a private and family life
- Right to a fair hearing
- Inhuman or degrading treatment
- False imprisonment / deprivation of liberty
- Actions against the police
- Sexual discrimination or harassment
- Racial discrimination or harassment
- Equal pay claims
- Denial of healthcare/medication for financial reasons
- International human rights abuses