Our Immigration Team consists of qualified solicitors who are Immigration Specialists with over 10 years experience. Some of our team are members of the Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association.
At Chris Alexander Solicitors we offer a professional service with very reasonable fees and flexible payment terms for all of our clients. Our firm is VAT registered and this will be added to our fees at 20%.
For our fixed fee arrangements, payment must be made fully at the outset, unless a separate arrangement for the payment has been agreed. If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of instructing us in relation to your matter, you may be able to pay part of the fee at the time of instructing us and the rest of the fee should be paid within 30 days.
On initial consultation, we charge a one-off initial consultation fee of £100 (+ 20% VAT).
Our professional fees (+ 20% VAT) as shown in the Fees Table include the following services:
• Advice on the legal requirements, the procedure for applying and the documents required in support of your application
• Reviewing all your documents to make sure that the requirements of the Immigration Rules are being fully satisfied
• Completion of application form and submitting the same online on your behalf
• Advise you on the relevant disbursements for your application
• Prepare a detailed legal representation in support of your application
• Booking your appointment with the relevant application centre for the enrolment of your biometrics and submission of your passport
• Liaison with the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) / Home Office until a decision on your application is made
• All attendances, written and telephone correspondence
• Office expenses such as the cost of fax, photocopying and postage expenses
• Regular updates by telephone or in writing with progress and likely timescales on your matter as soon as any event occurs in your matter
Legal representation at an immigration tribunal or court will include the following:
• Perusal of Documents
• Drafting and lodging of Grounds of Appeal
• Preparing and filing your appeal bundle
• Taking witness statements and drafting statements
• Exchanging List of Documents and copies with the other party
• Preparing the bundle of documents for the Final Hearing
• Reviewing and advising on the other party’s witness statements
• Preparation and attendance at Hearing, including preparing instructions to the barrister if required
Our fees do not include the following services:
• Cost of submitting new applications in event of refusal of application
• Cost of subsequent appeal rights or judicial review proceedings
• Change or additional instructions exceeding original instruction
You will be required to pay any expenses paid or to be paid to a third party in the conduct of your matter (including any VAT element), except office expenses such as postage and courier fees.
Such expenses are usually called disbursements and you will be required to pay them directly to the relevant third party (other person or body) directly.
Disbursements for immigration matters can include:
Home Office / UKVI Fee: The Home Office fees payable are variable and depend on what type of application you submit. For more information on the Home Office fees visit our Immigration Fees Section.
Immigration Health Surcharge Fee (IHS): The exact amount you have to pay depends on how much leave you are granted
- £470 per year for a student or Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa, for example £940 for a 2-year visa
- £470 per year for visa and immigration applicants who are under the age of 18 at the time of their application
- £624 per year for all other visa and immigration applications, for example £3,120 for a 5-year visa
We expect the barrister’s fee to come between £600 – £2,000 (plus 20 % VAT), however, we have little control over this fee and the cost can vary quite widely depending on the complexity and stage of your case. It also depends on the chambers from which your barrister is selected and their seniority or experience. We will advise you of the name and status of the barrister(s) that we will be recommending and so you will have a say in who represents you and the costs you incur.
First Tier Immigration Tribunal Fees: £80 per person for an appeal to be determined on the papers provided or £140 per person for an appeal to be determined at an oral hearing.
Permission to apply for judicial review: £154
Request to reconsider at a hearing a decision on permission: £385
Where permission has been granted on paper or at a hearing and the case is to progress to a substantive hearing, the full fee of £770 is required.